Terminating Parental Rights

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

A selection of terminating parental rights questions posted by visitors to this site and their corresponding answers are found below. We have felt the need to categorize these questions because of the shear volume of custody rights questions we have answered on our site since this very popular service was begun.

Florida Court Forms

We make every effort to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the information we post to all our questions on terminating and giving up parental rights in Florida. However, due to the ever-changing nature of the law, we cannot absolutely guarantee their accuracy.

We recommend you go ahead and review the following answers to Terminating Parental Rights Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on this page before you ask your own to see if your question has already been answered.

Answers: Terminating Parental Rights FAQs

Find an Attorney FREE Now

Terminating Parental Rights Question 
How would the process be if one parent is voluntarily giving up parental rights to the other parent after a divorce? Answer to Florida Child …

Signing Over Parental Rights 
Does my ex husband have to pay child support if he signs over his rights. I don't care if he does. I just want him out of our lives. Or can I get his …

Remove Parental Rights of a Non Custodial Parent 
Under what circumstances can I remove parental rights of a non custodial parent? The current non-custodial parent has recently filed for a power of attorney …

Terminating Mother's Parental Rights 
Termination of parental rights to mother who put child up for adoption at birth. Me and my husband have had physical custody of a child he had with another …

Terminating Parental Rights in Florida 
My child's father and I were not married, however, he did sign the birth certificate and she has his last name. He has never consistently been her life …

Can I Terminate His Parental Rights? 
I have had my child support case open for 2 years, and my son is now 3 and child support still has not been able to locate the father. My son has never …

Terminate Parental Rights & Visitation 
Can I terminate my parental rights? If so will I still be obligated to pay child support? My ex lives several hours away and it is always a struggle …

Removal of Parental Rights in Florida 
Can I ask to have all Parental Rights removed? If he is not in her life he doesn't want to call doesn't visit nor does he write to her, he doesn't want …

See These Related Child Custody FAQ Pages...

Joint Child Custody FAQs

Sole Custody in Florida FAQs

Father's Custody Rights FAQs

You Are Here → › Terminating Parental Rights

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

Document Preparation

Representing Yourself?

Judges love it when Pro Se litigants are well prepared. We offer fast & affordable legal document preparation services.

Call Florida Court Forms toll free or just click the button below for your free quote.

Click for Your Free Doc Prep Quote

Call: 800-868-3010

Self Help Guides

Modifying Custody, Visitation & Child Support in Florida

Florida Court Forms Self Help Guides

This 70+ page guide has complete step by step instructions for completing the Florida court approved forms.

The guide helps you navigate the court process and court procedures once you file with easy to follow checklists, links to websites, important addresses & phone numbers, and much more. Available as an e-book download. ($9.95)

Sponsored Ads

Interactive Forms

Child Custody Forms

Interactive Fill-able Florida Family Law Forms

Form 12.905(a) Supplemental Petition to Modify Parental Responsibility, Visitation or Parenting Plan/Time-Sharing Schedule and Other Relief. DEC 2010 ($2.95) Buy Now

Form 12.905(b) Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support. DEC 2010 ($2.95) Buy Now

Form 12.983(a) Petition to Determine Paternity and for Related Relief. OCT 2011 ($4.95) Buy Now

Form 12.995(a) Parenting Plan. OCT 2011 ($4.95) Buy Now

Form 12.995(b) Supervised Safety Focused Parenting Plan. OCT 2011 ($4.95) Buy Now