Petition to Reopen Probate Form

by Susan from Vero Beach, Florida, Indian River County

Where do you get the petition to reopen probate form? I need to reopen my mothers probate that was completed May 12.

I did not request an order for homestead status because my mother had done a quit claim deed to my brother and I a couple years earlier that I am now told was not done correctly by the title company and it isn't valid.

I have the Petition to request homestead form I just need the request to reopen form and can't find it. Help? I am the executor.

Answer to Florida Elder Law Question

Dear Susan,

Florida Probate Rule 5.460 provides that subsequent administration may be ordered by the court if there is newly discovered property, "or if further administration of the estate is required for any other reason."

According to the website for the 17th Judicial Circuit:

The following procedures must be complied with to reopen a closed estate. A $50.00 filing fee is required to reopen a closed estate.

Petition to Reopen & Order to Reopen for Further Administration. Pertinent language in the Petition to Reopen must include "revoke order of discharge and reinstate previous letters." Provided the personal representative remains the same, the clerk's office will use the old letters in the file with a new certification.

This information is from a different court circuit, but the procedures and requirements are likely similar or identical.

Ask your local clerk of court in Indian River county if there is a local form available, or where you may find one.

Indian River County Clerk of Court
2000 16th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960
(772) 770-5185

Alternatively, you can request for a quote using our Petition Preparer paralegal service for a custom Petition to Reopen & Order to Reopen for Further Administration forms.

Legal Advice and Florida Court Forms

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Free Lawyer Referrals

If you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.

Legal Documents Preparation Services

Florida Court Forms' Petition Preparer Service
Your legal documents ready to file at a price you can afford!

Our Petition Preparer Documents Service can have all your documents professionally prepared after a brief interview with our trained Florida Legal Document Specialists.

Your court papers will be in your hands and ready to file at the courthouse in as little as three days! We guarantee our work. Just ask us for a quote.

* indicates required

Answer Provided by Florida Court Forms Staff, © 2014

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

Page last updated 03/22/2015
You are here: > > Reopen Probate