Florida General Motion To Dismiss Form
by Kimberly from Tampa, Florida, Hillsborough County
Is there a general motion to dismiss form in Florida? I am looking for a general motion to dismiss form that is not a PDF file.
Answer to Florida Court Forms Question
Here you go. This is the basic format for a motion.
You could also copy and paste from a pdf to another format like word or wordpad.
Be sure to fill in all the blanks correctly:
- The header with the circuit number, and the county name;
- the petitioner's and respondent's names;
- the case number;
- the name of the motion (such as... Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Standing);
- after "Comes Now the" designate whether you are the petitioner, the respondent, plaintiff, or defendant (you remain one or the other throughout your case);
- it is important to state your reasons for asking the court to dismiss the case;
- fill in the certification that shows that you have provided a copy of this to the other party and how you provided it;
- address of the other party (or the address of the other party's attorney if they have one);
- your signature and your address.
Sample Motion Form
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE ___________ JUDICIAL CIRCUIT,
IN AND FOR ________ COUNTY, FLORIDA
PRO SE MOTION TO: _________________
COMES NOW the ___________________ and moves this Honorable Court to:
The reason for this request is:
I HEREBY CERTIFY that a copy hereof has been furnished by _______ mailed; ______faxed and mailed; hand delivered; to the persons listed below on _________ day of __________ 20 ____.
Other Party: __________________________
Signature, pro se
Printed Name: _________________________
City State Zip: _______________________
Telephone No.: ________________________
End Sample Motion Form
You can copy and paste the above into your favorite word processor or text editor. Be sure it is properly formatted before you print it out.
You can use our Petition Preparer service. We can create a custom Motion to Dismiss form to your specifications for as little as $20.00 and have it completed for you, too! Just ask us for a free quote.
Or you can purchase our fillable General Motion form for immediate download. ($2.95)
Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.
If you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral
You Are Here → Home › Ask The Staff › Florida General Motion To Dismiss Form