Stop Child Support in Florida

by Aaron from Jacksonville, NC Onslow

I am currently paying child support through/to the state of Florida for my son. Recently my ex and I are back together.

Her and my son have moved from Florida to North Carolina to live with me.

Is there anything I can do to stop the payment of my child support to the state since he now lives with me?

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Aaron,

You will need to file a Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support even if you live out of state.

You can then have your ex-wife properly served and she can answer with an Answer to Supplemental Petition.

You may be able to file the forms by mail but you must first confirm this with the clerk of court office in the county where the original child support order was entered.

See our web-enabled page for filling out the Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support and the Florida Child Support links and resources below for more information.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Stop Child Support in Florida

Click here to post comments

Return to Stop Child Support.