Reduction For Child Support

by Aubrey from Winter Haven, Florida, Polk County

How do I appeal a motion for child support to have the amount reduced? I have another child I support and household bills that were not taken into consideration.

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Aubrey,

I believe you mean to say that you have been served with a Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support; and you want to dispute the amount that is requested.

You can use this form to respond, Answer to Supplemental Petition, Form 12.903(e), which can be found on the Florida Supreme Court website at .

This answer form does not allow much space to state the reasons why you disagree, but the instructions for that form state the following:

This form should be used when you are responding to a supplemental petition for modification of Parenting Plan, time-sharing schedule, child support, or alimony.

This form is used to admit or deny all of the allegations in the supplemental petition if you do not plan to file a counterpetition.

There is no form for a counterpetition to a supplemental petition in these Family Law Forms.

If you want to file a counterpetition to a supplemental petition you will need to either seek legal assistance or create a form yourself.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Reduction For Child Support

Comments for Reduction For Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Reduction Petition
by: Billy from Palm Coast, Florida, Flagler County

Where do I file child support reduction petition if I live in Florida but case from Wisconsin? I live in Florida and need a reduction but my case is originally from Wisconsin where my daughter currently lives. Where and how do I file?

--All interstate child support cases are governed by a Federal law known as Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, (UIFSA). Since your child support order originated in Wisconsin and your daughter resides in Wisconsin, jurisdiction remains in Wisconsin.

You need to contact the family court, agency, or tribunal in Wisconsin that handles child support and request a child support modification. In Florida, a child support case can be reviewed once every three years (or more often if there has been a substantial change). In your case, the modification of your child support is governed by Wisconsin guidelines and laws. --Staff

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Lowering Child Support.