Income Deduction Order on Second Job

by Megan from Florida

I have an income deduction order filed for my son's father. The amount of support is based on a 40hr work week.

He recently cut to 30hrs and took a second well-paying job at 30hrs a week as well.

He's always had a second job, and we did not include that in the original support payment, because I was being nice.

But now my support payments are 200 dollars less a month, but his income has increased. How can I take child support from both jobs, to make up the difference?

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Megan,

The court ordered child support amount remains the same until it is modified.

If you know where he works at his new second job, ask Child Support Enforcement to impose a second income deduction order so that you can receive the full amount that was ordered.

There is a New Hire report that all employers are supposed to provide to the Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement. For some reason this often does not happen.

If you cannot persuade Child Support Enforcement to impose a second Income Deduction Order on his second job, you can do it yourself. The form for an income deduction order is on the Florida Supreme Court's website,

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Support Income Deduction Order on Second Job

Click here to post comments

Return to Income Deduction Order.