Custodial Parent Relocating in Florida

by Clem from Tampa, Florida, Hillsborough County

We have to move. Less than 30 days left & have family in another city willing to help us. The non - custodial parent has had no communication or contact with children in over 30 days.

We live less than half a mile from each other.

They have had so little contact with other parent they aren't concerned about being in another city or far from them.

The children are excited about the move. I believe visitation has been removed. What form or forms do I need to file to make sure it's okay to move to another city?

Answer to Florida Child Custody Question

Dear Clem,

Florida Law requires a primary custodial parent intending to move more than 50 miles must first file a Notice of Intent to Relocate with Children after serving a copy to the non-custodial parent.

If your move is less than 50 miles, there is no requirement to file a notice.

Download the published Supplemental petition to permit relocation with minor children from the Florida Courts website and file it in your circuit with your case number.

You will also need to fill out and file a proposed Parenting Plan and Time Sharing Schedule with the Notice.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Custodial Parent Relocating in Florida

Click here to post comments

Return to Child Custody Relocation.