Child Support Motion To Intervene

by Anonymous from Florida

I just received a motion to intervene and modify child support by the state.

They want to see all of my personal info and documents for the past two years.

What motion do I have to file to receive the same documents from the custodial party on or prior to court.

Thank You.

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Anonymous,

Child support is supposed to be based on both parents' incomes. Filing a Financial Affidavit is part of mandatory disclosure.

However, sometimes people do not readily comply. You could file a Motion to Compel Production of Financial Documents and request that the other parent provide their current financial affidavit.

You can also file a Standard Family Law Interrogatories for modification proceedings, Form 12.930(c) in which you may request detailed information about the other party's finances. You can also include up to ten additional questions by attaching a properly formatted addendum. Instructions for the Standard Family Law Interrogatories form state in part:
This form should be used to ask the other party in your case to answer certain standard questions in writing. These questions are called interrogatories, and they must relate to your case. If the other party fails to answer the questions, you may ask the judge to order the other party to answer the questions. (You cannot ask these questions before the petition has been filed.)

We have a customized interactive fillable PDF packet of the Standard Family Law Interrogatories for Modification Proceedings form which includes a page for additional interrogatory questions along with the required Notice of Service form (also PDF fillable). You can purchase it here ($4.95) for instant downloading.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Support Motion To Intervene

Click here to post comments

Return to Support Questions 2015.