Child Support Enforcement Hearing

by Rainy from Jacksonville, Florida, Duval County

What happens at the first CSE hearing? I have a notice that I will have my first CSE hearing. My ex will not show as he has a felony warrant out for him.

What will happen if he does not show? Will the judge establish an order?

He is the legal father as determined by the courts. Do I need to have my parenting plan ready? Please advise.

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Rainy,

First take a look at your paperwork and see if you are going to an Administrative Hearing in front of a General Magistrate or Hearing Officer; or a court hearing in front of a judge. My guess is that you will be in front of a Magistrate or Hearing Officer.

Whichever it is, and they are basically the same, they will likely address only child support issues. If your ex doesn't show, an order can be entered without him.

If you know where he works, or have any proof of his income, you can provide that to the hearing officer so that the hearing officer can compute a child support amount.

As far as the parenting plan, you can do something about it or do nothing. Usually when child support is ordered through an administrative hearing, it is up to the parent paying child support to request visitation, it is not necessarily automatic.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Support Enforcement Hearing

Click here to post comments

Return to Support Questions 2015.