Respondent UK Citizen

by Simon from United Kingdom

My wife is a US citizen living in Florida. I have moved back to the UK and have been here for nearly 3 years. I am trying to fill in some of the paperwork.

I have earned no money in the USA, how do I fill in the financial affidavit?

Also, I did have a social security number but I'm sure that is no longer valid, how do I fill in the Notice of Social Security Number form?

Answer to Florida Divorce Question

Dear Simon,

First of all, social security numbers are forever.

Use the number you were given, even though it may not have authorized you to work.

On the financial affidavit, you must use current income, debt, assets, and liabilities.

The financial affidavit is necessary to determine child or spousal support amounts.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Respondent UK Citizen

Click here to post comments

Return to Divorce Questions 2015.