Reschedule Simplified Divorce Final Hearing

by William from Florida

I have a hearing already set for a simplified divorce both me and my wife signed and this is our final hearing.

How do I reschedule the hearing because I'm out of the country and was not notified in time.

Answer to Florida Divorce Question

Dear William,

The Simplified Dissolution process isn't as simple as it sounds.

If you had filed a regular Petition for Dissolution of Marriage -- No Children, No Property, your presence at the hearing would not be required.

Ask your wife to call the clerk of the court and ask to have the hearing re-scheduled.

Have your wife explain that you did not expect to be out of the country at the time of the hearing; and also that you only received x amount of days notice, making it impossible to appear. The clerk may want a paper filed requesting the hearing be re-set.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Reschedule Simplified Divorce Final Hearing

Click here to post comments

Return to Divorce Questions 2015.

/* */ /* */ /* */ /* */