Judge Ordered Retroactive

by Lysa from Tampa, Florida, Hillsborough County

My husband asked to modify the child support; his daughter turned 18 and graduated from high school. He went to the court on October 28.

She turns 19 years on that day and the Judge order to reduced and also ordered "that the child support is made retroactive to June 3 the day that his daughter graduated.

Do they will return the amount that he paid more? We are on November 15 and he is still paying the amount. What happen on this case? The child support send to us a check with the difference charged since June 3rd?

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Lysa,

I'm having a hard time understanding your question.

If the daughter turned 18 and has also graduated high school, there should be no reason to continue paying support, unless there is something additional in the child support order.

Are wages being garnished?

Have you filed a Request for Child Support Review with the Department of Revenue?

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Judge Ordered Retroactive

Click here to post comments

Return to Retroactive Child Support.