Filing for Civil Contempt & Enforcement in Florida

by Bill from Cocoa, Florida, Brevard County

How do I get visitation with my daughter? My daughter stopped coming over our house after I told her I would not allow her boy friend over, because she was being punished for not telling the truth.

Her mother has allowed her to not follow the visitation court agreement. She has been seeing a therapist. The therapist said to give her a little time.

It has been six months now and now she says she doesn't want to see me any more. She is fourteen so I don't know what my rights are.

We used to be very close, she would tell me anything. Now it's completely opposite. What do I do to get her mother to stop keeping her from me. Her mother has brainwashed her. I just need to know how to start the legal process of having my ex wife in contempt. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Answer to Florida Court Forms Question

Dear Bill,

When you need the court to order compliance of a visitation order, you must file a Motion for Civil Contempt Enforcement and a Notice of Hearing on Motion for Contempt Enforcement.

Follow the instruction provided on these forms.

Convincing your teenage daughter to agree to see you, may be another matter altogether.

As I long time divorced father myself, all I can say is continue to show that you love her, and she will come around.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Filing for Civil Contempt & Enforcement in Florida

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask the Staff 2015.

/* */ /* */ /* */ /* */