Dissolution of Corporation in Florida

by Peter from Florida

What is the procedure to request a court to dissolve a business partnership where the partners (2) can't get an agreement in a buy out deal or sale the business.

Answer to Florida Business Question

Dear Peter,

If you and your partner are no longer in business or as you stated, and need to dissolve a business partnership, the following might help. It is from the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Florida Department of Corporations website, www.sunbiz.org:

16. My business entity is no longer in business, what do I need to do?

If your business entity in no longer is business, you should file the appropriate document and fee to dissolve or cancel its registration on our records.

The forms to dissolve or cancel a business entity or registration can be downloaded from our web site. Simply return to our home page and click "Print Filing Forms".

Next, select the appropriate type of business entity or filing and follow the prompts to download the appropriate form. Submit the completed form and fee to our office for processing. Make check or money order payable to the Florida Department of State. Do not send cash.

The form you are likely looking for is Profit Articles of Dissolution. A fee schedule is included in the instructions for that form. If you have a partnership agreement, check to see what it says regarding closing your business.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Dissolution of Corporation in Florida

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Business Questions.