Child Visitation & Parenting Plan

by David from Homestead, Florida, Miami-Dade County

My wife and I are recently separated and I would like to file a petition in order to be able to see my two children on a regular basis.

What do I need to do so I can see my children?

Answer to Florida Child Visitation Question

Dear David,

File a Parenting Plan with the clerk of the court.

Ideally you and your wife can agree to the terms of visitation/ time-sharing.

If you cannot agree you can file a proposed plan yourself.

The form for Parenting Plan, 12.995(a) can be found on the Florida Supreme Court's website,

Have a look at our web-powered instructions page for the Parenting Plan, Form 12.995(a). At a minimum, the Parenting Plan must describe in adequate detail:
  • How the parties will share and be responsible for the daily tasks associated with the upbringing of the child(ren),

  • The time-sharing schedule arrangements that specify the time that the minor child(ren) will spend with each parent,

  • A designation of who will be responsible for any and all forms of health care, school-related matters, other activities, and

  • The methods and technologies that the parents will use to communicate with the child(ren).

The best interests of the child(ren) is the primary consideration in creating the Parenting Plan.

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Visitation & Parenting Plan

Click here to post comments

Return to Visitation Questions 2015.

/* */ /* */ /* */ /* */