Child Support Fulfillment

by Anonymous from Florida

My youngest son is 18 and graduates on June 7. My obligation according to my divorce papers will be fulfilled at that time. Is there any forms I am required to fill out to verify that my obligation has ended ?

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Anonymous,

In theory the Department of Revenue (DOR) knows that your child support obligation has ended once your son has graduated high school and reached age 18.

However, I suggest that you take a proactive approach and make sure that the DOR realizes this, particularly if your wages are being garnished.

Contact the DOR and tell them when your support obligation ends; and also inform your employer that your obligation has ended, if you are being garnished.

Florida's Child Support Enforcement Customer Service can be contacted toll free at 1-800-622-KIDS (5437) from 7:00AM to 7:00PM EST, Monday thru Friday.

To obtain information about payments and collections, the Department's Automatic Payment Line (APL), 1-800-226-6777, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and the State Disbursement Unit's phone line at 1-877-769-0251 (toll free) is available during business hours.

Dade County's Child Support Enforcement Customer Service phone number is (305) 530-2600.

Manatee County's Child Support Enforcement Customer Service phone number is (941) 741-4039.

The State Program Office mailing address is:

The Florida Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement
P.O. Box 8030
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8030.

On the DOR's website there is also a list of mailing addresses by county, go to

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Support Fulfillment

Click here to post comments

Return to Stop Child Support.