Child Support Ending Age 18

by Brian from Dallas, Texas

One of my two children is turning 18 and graduating High School.

How do I stop this child support?

Answer to Florida Child Support Question

Dear Brian,

A lot depends on how your original child support order reads.

In general, if there is a qualifying reason for a change to your child support order, such as an adjustment of the amount once a child reaches the age of 18 or graduates high school, you may ask for a Child Support Order Revue from the Florida DOR if they are involved in your case.

If so, you can go directly to the Department of Revenue website and apply for a review of your child support order.

You can apply for a review here.

My understanding is that the qualifying event (your child reaching the age of emancipation or graduating high school) must have already happened. I don’t think you can have this adjusted in anticipation of an event, but I may be wrong.

Another option is to file a Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support, but this may not be necessary if you go through the Florida DOR process for a review of your child support order as stated above. Here are some related child support FAQs on our site that you might want to review....

Child Support When Child Turns 18

Termination of Child Support in Florida

Stopping IDO When Child Turns 18

Notice: We provide these answers to the general public and our website visitors as a means to further their online legal research. These answers are merely suggestions and should not be regarded as legal advice.

Legal Match LogoIf you need legal advice, we recommend LagalMatch's free Lawyer Referral Service. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. Get the legal advice you deserve.
Free Family Lawyer Referral

You Are Here → › Child Support Ending Age 18

Click here to post comments

Return to Child Support Age 18.

/* */ /* */ /* */ /* */